Host Paul Nelson introduces both Baby Boomers and Gen Xers to the 50 Dates at 50 Podcast. He explains how singles get back into dating and how couples can benefit from emphasizing date night.
After a 21-year marriage ending in an amicable divorce in 2014, Paul found himself back out on the dating market. Here, he takes a close look at how much dating has changed over the last 40 years, with online dating now being front and center. However, most of today’s dating advice is from the Millennial age group and lacks the benefit of life experience.
To support Boomers and Gen Xers, Paul’s podcast and accompanying website provide a comprehensive set of offerings:
- Chick Flick Movie Reviews – Reviews of movies with dating and relationship messages
- Dating and Relationship Book Reviews – Reviews of books with dating and relationship messages
- Dating Blog – Dating commentary, observations, and remarks on current dating trends
- Dating Glossary – Modern-day dating and relationship terms, updated regularly
- Dating Questions – Answers and advice given to website blog followers
- The “Date-a-Base” Date Night Activity Builder – Options for any guy to take the lead and construct a great date
- 3-1-1 Dating Rule – A detailed explanation of how men and women can quickly get off the dating website or app and in front of the person they are interested in
Pew Research Center – The Virtues and Downsides of Online Dating
No More Mr. Nice Guy – By Robert Glover
In Episode 2, we define what we are looking for in a dating partner.
In Episode 3, we put together a dating plan.